Friday, January 9, 2009

Back in the Swing of Things

After a crazy month of last minute creativity cramming and a nice 3 week vacation to follow, it is finally time to go back to class. I have always found myself to be that annoying dorky kid who actually gets really excited about a new semester with new classes and new teachers. With 1 more year to go, however, I seem to have misplaced my enthusiasm.

Tomorrow is my first day back and I am already stressed thinking about all that I have to do. After a misguided semester of indecisive concepts, I am struggling with my direction for the semester to come. As of right now, I think that I will continue to address our judgments. It amazes me how we manage to harshly judge and ignore certain people at the same time. I think that right now I am having a hard time because it seems that I can't think of many female characters. One that I am planning on painting is a stripper.

All I can say is that I definitely have my work cut out for me. I have tons of research to do and a whole bunch of painting to work on while balancing everything else. If only there were more hours in a day or days in a week. But I guess I will have to take what I can get. I can't complain, though, because as much as it stresses me out, all of the work and all of the pressure is extremely motivating.

If you have any comments, feel free to post or email me at heatherg@jerrysartarama.com :-)

No comments: